Improvements to your home

You don’t have to let us know if you are redecorating, but if you want to make any alterations or improvements to your home you need to let us know.

You must write to us advance to ask permission. We won’t give permission if the alteration could make your home unsafe to live in.

You cannot undertake any alterations which affect the internal layout or structure of your home without specific permission and necessary local authority Building Control consents .

You need to ask permission if you want to:

  • install a shower
  • install laminate flooring
  • replace or move fixtures such as lights, kitchen units, doors, taps or electric sockets
  • erect garden sheds, fences, satellite dishes or other external structures.
  • undertake any internal or external alteration

If you decide to move out of your property you must return it to its original condition unless otherwise told. If you don't, you will be liable for the cost of returning the property to its original condition.

You may have the right to a compensatory payment for any alternations or improvements you have done to your property.

Please contact us  to find out if the work you have done is a “qualifying improvement”.

Stay Connected