Changes to your tenancy

It’s important to let us know if someone moves out of your property, if you want someone to move in or you want to end or transfer your tenancy.

We will let you know what you need to do if there are any changes. Generally, you will need to write to us to ask permission to make changes to your tenancy. 

Joint tenancy

If you currently have a sole tenancy and want someone to move in, you can change your tenancy to a joint tenancy. This gives you, and the person living with you, equal rights and responsibility for the property.

If you want to apply for a joint tenancy, please complete and return our joint tenancy form.

Relationship breakdown

If your relationship with a partner breaks down and you can no longer live together (and you are joint tenants), you will have to decide who will remain in the property. If one person is the sole tenant they have the right to remain in the property whilst the other does not.

Transferring the tenancy to another person

You can do this by assignation or succession. Assignation is when you transfer a tenancy to another member of your household. Succession is when a tenancy is inherited when a tenant dies.

If you want to apply to assign your tenancy to someone else please contact us.

Ending your tenancy

If you want to end your tenancy you must let us know. You can do this in writing or by downloading, completing and returning to us the End of Tenancy Application form.

Stay Connected