Fair Work First Statement
West Highland Housing Association is committed to the advancement of Fair Work First criteria. As an employer the Association cares about the well-being of staff and is committed to improving staff’s work-life balance. Consequently, the Association works with the staff team to put fair work practices at the heart of our workplace.
Our commitments include:
Having an appropriate channel for effective employee voice
· We work with Employers in Voluntary Housing (EVH) to utilise their collective bargaining which regulates salaries for our employees.
· We recognise trade unions and staff are made aware of their opportunity to become members
· We carry out regular staff surveys and communicate the results and proposed actions.
Investing in workforce development
· We invest in workforce development at all levels
· We fund further education courses for staff where appropriate.
Not using zero hours contracts inappropriately
· We have no zero-hour contracts in place
Taking action to tackle the gender pay gap and create a more diverse and inclusive workplace
· We are members of Employers in Voluntary Housing (EVH) and have adopted their terms and conditions and pay scales to ensure equality and transparency in relation to pay.
· We have reviewed and updated our Equality and Diversity Policies and Procedures
Commitment to paying the Real Living Wage
· We are an accredited Living Wage employer
Offering flexible and family friendly working practices for all staff from day one of employment
· We have a range of family friendly policies, including maternity leave, paternity leave, shared parental leave and adoption leave
· We have a flexible working policy
· We offer hybrid working for eligible employees
We oppose the use of fire and rehire practice
· We are committed to working with our employees and Trade Union representatives to ensure there is effective consultation and negotiation relating to change.