The majority of repairs are our responsibility but there are some that are yours as a tenant.
We are responsible for keeping the structure, the outside of your home, the plumbing and electric and heating systems we provide in good repair. Where we are responsible, our response time will be based on one of our response categories.
As a tenant, you are also responsible for some repairs and these are detailed below.
Please note this is not a full list - if you are not sure about a particular repair, please contact us.
Tenant responsible repairs
You are responsible for:
- Fixtures and fittings not belonging to us which make use of gas, electricity or water.
- Anything installed by you or belonging to you which you would be entitled to remove from the house at the end of the tenancy unless we have specifically agreed
- Blocked drains (where it is established that the blockage is the fault of the tenant, member of the household or visitor),
- Pest and vermin control - we will repair the building to prevent pest access, if necessary
- Damage caused through neglect or misuse of the property by you, your family or visitors
- Cleaning common areas, like closes and staircases, where we do not provide a cleaning service
- Replacing the smoke alarm battery - we will help if the alarm is inaccessible
- Replacing light bulbs
- Replacing lost keys and meeting the cost of re-entry if you are locked out
- Managing condensation in your home