We want to make sure our properties are kept to the highest standard and your home is healthy, safe and secure for you to live in.
This is part of our commitment to ensure that all of our properties meet the Scottish Housing Quality Standard – an agreed standard of good quality housing, which all local authorities and social landlords must meet.
We will also make sure our homes meet the Energy Efficiency Standard for Social Housing, developed by the Scottish Government, which aims to help improve the energy efficiency of the social housing stock in Scotland.
Each year we carry out work that we consider necessary to keep our properties and equipment in good repair and working order.
- Annual gas safety checks and maintenance
- Checking large water storage tanks regularly to minimise the risk of Legionnaires disease
- Maintaining communal landscaped areas
- Arranging contracts for maintenance and servicing of fire alarms and lifts
- Painting external elements of Link properties
We also carry out ‘planned maintenance’ on our properties each year. This is when items such as external doors and windows, central heating systems, kitchen units and bathroom suites are replaced when they are reaching the end of their useful life.
We will always write to you in advance to let you know all the details if your property is due to have any planned maintenance.
If you would like to know more about our cyclical and planned maintenance programmes please contact us.