Coronavirus information and advice

The situation continues to change, and we are following the advice of the Scottish Government and NHS Scotland.

We’re still working together safely apart for our customers

To tackle the spread of Covid-19, Scottish Government restrictions continue.

On Monday 4 January 2021, Argyll mainland areas will entered lockdown and island communities remain at Level 3. Our work is considered essential by the Scottish Government so we are able to continue to provide essential services to our tenants and communities across ​Argyll.

You can find out more by reading the letter from Kevin Stewart MSP, Minister for Local Government, Housing and Planning published 06 November 2020. Further to this communication, Kevin Stewart issued another letter on 18 December 2020.

Our service delivery for ​West Highland customers is outlined below:

  • Only emergency repairs and safety-related servicing works will be carried out ​in lockdown areas while restrictions continue (subject to Scottish Government guidelines and following safety measures)
  • We will deliver a normal repairs service for our island communities in Level 3 areas 
  • We are unable to carry out home visits at this time (subject to Scottish Government guidelines and following safety measures)
  • Our offices remain closed to the public (subject to Scottish Government guidelines and following safety measures)

For the latest guidance on COVID-19 and staying safe please visit

If you have any questions about ​our services, please ​contact us on For details of our festive opening hours please click here.

Response times for our enquiries, complaints, repairs and customer services teams may take longer than usual as our call handlers are working from home.


If we attend your home to attend to a repair or essential visit:

We rely on your ​co-operation to keep us all safe when staff are visiting you. With everyone's safety and wellbeing in mind, our staff have our support in leaving properties where they feel safety measures are not being followed. ​

If you, or someone in your household, is unwell with symptoms and are self-isolating

Please let us know immediately by calling ​0300 323 1170. We’ll put a temporary note on our system to make sure staff and contractors don’t visit you during this period. We need to reduce the risk to staff and contractors whenever possible. 

​Before entering your home, we will ask if your or anyone in your home has COVID symptoms; unwell or self-isolating - if this is the case, we won't come into your home 

If it is safe to enter you and anyone in the property will be asked to wear a face covering for the duration of the visit and socially distance by moving to a room away from any work that is taking place. 

FAQs for finances during the COVID-19 outbreak

Please note: This guidance is primarily for West Highland tenants and only West Highland tenants can access our internal advice services.

1. I am employed but have been contacted by the Test & Protect Service and told to self-isolate for 14 days. Am I entitled to claim any benefits?
2. I have lost my job/been laid of temporarily with no income. Can I claim anything?
3. How do I make a claim to Universal Credit (UC)?
4. When will I receive my first Universal Credit payment?
5. I have no money to keep me going until I get a payment from Universal Credit. What do I do?
6. Will I need to attend the Jobcentre if I am self- isolating for any claims I make to benefits?
7. I am self-employed and due to current situation have no work or I am having to self- isolate, what can I claim?
8. I work a zero-hour contract. If I self-isolate will I get SSP?
9. I am on partial housing benefit due to my earnings, but my income has reduced/stopped. How do I make up the difference to pay my rent?
10. I am currently on Universal Credit and my income has reduced/stopped. How will Universal Credit know?
11. I am in receipt of Personal Independence Payment or Employment and Support Allowance and I completed a review form recently. Will I be called in for a face-to-face medical assessment?
12. I feel like my situation is critical, I have no one to assist and I don’t know where to turn for help.
13. What if I am working and receiving Housing Benefit, Working Tax Credit, or Child Tax Credit?
14. My employer has advised me not to come in to work but has not made me redundant.
15. My child receives free school meals, what will happen now the schools are closed?
16. I am really worried about getting into debt with my bills and who should I pay first.
17. I can't afford to pay my debt due to coronavirus as I've lost some or all my income. What can I do?
18. If I get or a freeze on any payments or an increased credit limit due to coronavirus will my credit rating be affected?
19. I have received a letter from the Scottish Government advising I am in the “shielding” group. What help can I receive?

A handy online tool for calculating benefit entitlements can be found here: