West Highland Housing Association owns and is responsible for the content of its website at http://westhighlandha.co.uk. Unless stated otherwise, this Privacy Statement applies only to this website.
West Highland Housing Association will use any personal information collected from this website () in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
Further details on the UK Data Protection Act can be found at the website for The Information Commissioner’s Office.
West Highland Housing Association has taken appropriate measures to keep secure any personal information given by user of this site. West Highland Housing Association is registered as data controllers on the public register maintained by the Information Commissioner’s Office
What information do we collect and why?
The information collected on this site includes:
- User’s IP address, which is automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are used to observe users’ interest in this website (number of visits, etc).
- Tracking user navigation around this website, using cookies. Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer. They are not cross-referenced with any other information which would allow an individual person to be identified.
- E-mail addresses and / or other contact details which users voluntarily provide in order to: receive information from West Highland Housing Association and / or recognised organisations or agents of the Link Group of companies.
- Report repairs
- Arrange appointments with representatives of West Highland Housing Association or of tradesmen providing services on our behalf
- Provide feedback or make complaints
- Make any general enquiries or request information about West Highland Housing Association and any of the services we may offer or administer
You have the right to access your information held by West Highland Housing Association and where necessary, to have it amended. You can also request not to receive marketing information from West Highland Housing Association.
Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004
Under the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 you can make a request for information about elements which affect the environment. You can download and print a request form here
For more information about these elements and the type of information you can request please visit the Scottish Information Commissioners website
Fees and Charging
We charge a fee for providing environmental information on request. This fee should not exceed “a reasonable amount” and must not exceed the actual costs of producing the information requested. On receipt of an environmental information request, we will review the request; provide an estimate of the costs involved in locating, retrieving and collating information. The fee must be paid in advance of the information being released.
Costs of locating, retrieving and collating information:
Staff costs of searching for the information requested and assembling into an appropriate format are charged at the following hourly rates:
|Staff Grade||Hourly Rate|
Any costs involved in producing documents to be released and any postage charges are charged at:
|Item||Fee per unit|
|Photocopying: Black and White A4||5p|
|Photocopying: Colour A4||10p|
|Photocopying: Black and White A3||20p|
|CD / Memory Stick||£1|
|Postage||Individual quote (1st class mail)|
Situations where the fee may be waived
- We may choose to waive the fee if satisfied that there is a genuine and widespread interest in the publication of the information.
- We will waive the fee if it would be uneconomical to issue a fee notice and process the payment
If you require any further information on Environment Information (Scotland) Regulation requests, please contact us.
Chatrooms and Forums
Users are reminded that chat rooms and forums are for public discussion. Any personal information supplied by users during these discussions is widely accessible. West Highland Housing Association is not responsible for the content posted by users of these services.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to other sites that are not the responsibility of West Highland Housing Association. This privacy statement does not apply to these sites nor are we responsible for the content and practices of these websites.
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane WILMSLOW Cheshire SK9 5AF Telephone : 0303 123 1113 www.ico.org.uk
Regional office for Scotland: 45 Melville Street Edinburgh EH3 7HL Telephone : 0131 224 9001 E-mail Scotland@ico.org.uk